- 1 Tbs natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbs coconut aminos
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar + more to taste
- ¼ tsp toasted sesame oil
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 small chicken breasts, poached or roasted (easy dry poached recipe below)
- 1 English cucumber; spiralized, julienned or grated
- 1 carrot; spiralized, julienned or grated
- 1 small beet, spiralized, julienned or grated
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbs hemp hearts
- Make the dressing: Add all ingredients to a small jar; seal and shake until smooth. Taste and adjust to desired thickness, using additional lime juice or vinegar.
- Make the salad: In a large bowl, toss together the cucumber, carrot and beets. Add onion, cilantro and mint. Pour dressing over and toss to coat. Sprinkle with hemp hearts and top with chicken.
I highly recommend the "dry poaching" method for cooking your chicken, recommended by The Kitchn. I've included the recipe in this post, but I highly recommend visiting The Kitchn - their site is full of great resources and recipes.
I’ve made this salad so many times, that I have taken a couple of pictures of it. Here’s a recent version, sans beets. (Thanks to our Raisin & Fig Facebook friends for voting which pic should headline this post.