Tomato Basil Phyllo Tart
- 10 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- ½ cup olive oil, or olive oil cooking spray
- ⅓ cup panko crumbs
- ⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbs prepared pesto
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 large roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 10 yellow cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay one sheet of phyllo on the prepared pan. Keep the remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap or wax paper and a damp kitchen towel.
- Lightly coat the phyllo surface with oil using a pastry brush or the cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon each breadcrumbs and parmesan. Repeat this step, layering the remaining phyllo on top. Spread pesto evenly on the surface of the tart. Sprinkle about half of the crumbled mozzarella over the pesto layer. Arrange tomato slices over the pesto layer; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake the tart until the crust turns brown and crispy, about 20 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- To serve, lift the parchment paper and slide the tart onto a cutting board or large platter. Scatter chopped basil on top. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Assemble tart up to 8 hours before. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until baking.