Pepper-Glazed Goat Cheese Gratin
Author: Food & Wine Magazine
- 1 pound creamy fresh goat cheese, softened
- 6 Tbs. apricot preserves
- 4 Peppadew peppers, finely chopped
- 1 pickled jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. minced cocktail onions
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1½ tsp. dry sherry
- Pita chips, crackers or toasted baguette slices, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Spread the goat cheese in a 5-by-8-inch gratin dish in an even layer. In a small bowl, whisk the preserves with the Peppadews, jalapeño, onions, mustard and sherry. Spread the mixture over the goat cheese and bake on the top rack of the oven for about 5 minutes, until warm. Turn on the broiler and broil for about 2 minutes, until the topping is bubbling and lightly browned at the edges.
- Serve hot, with pita chips and toasted baguette slices.
You can assemble this earlier in the day and bake later. Bring to room temperature before heating and broiling, or extend baking time before broiling to make sure the cheese is heated all the way through.