Crispy on the outside, perfectly cooked on the inside, these are perfect as an appetizer - or a side dish. We'll be serving ours tonight with Cowgirl Turkey Burgers! What a gift to be able to enjoy these delicious garden-to-table vegetables... talk about "eating local!"After 9 years of coming to Coeur d'Alene for our summer vacation, this place has begun to feel like a second home. Thanks, in no small part, to the generosity of our Idaho friends.
Baked Zucchini Fries
- 3 medium zucchini
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ cup panko
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan
- 2 eggs
- pinch salt
- 1 Tbs milk
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Trim ends from zucchini. Cut into wedges.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment.Place flour in zip-lock bag.
- Mix eggs, salt and milk in a pie plate, or other shallow dish.
- Mix panko and parmesan in another shallow dish.
- Place zucchini in bag and toss gently to coat.
- Place zucchini in egg mixture and turn several times to coat. Let excess drip onto plate.
- Holding zucchini by the ends, hold over panko mixture and spoon mixture onto all sides. (If you roll zucchini in the mixture, it quickly clumps from the egg.)
- Place on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes, turning once, until coating is golden and crisp.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.